Saturday, August 24, 2013

Too Heavenly Minded?


Can you become so heavenly minded that you are no longer are any earthly good? I have seen it happen and even experienced it myself.  In the beginning of my walk with Jesus, I devoured the Bible.  I couldn't get enough of it.  All I wanted to do was read the Bible as well as watch and listen to anything that was related to Christ.  That in and of itself is not bad.  But, I stopped being relatable.  I stopped being approachable.  I started judging others (even if most of it was in my mind) despite the fact that they were in a different place spiritually and God was working on their hearts in HIS time and perfect plan (Matthew 7:1-2).  Becoming spiritually puffed up and forgetting where He rescued us from does not glorify God.  Knowledge puffs while love builds up (1 Corinthians 8:1b).

God has since humbled me.  I am often reminded of my own sinful nature, selfish tendencies and the fact that He created us for relationships-- Him first and than others.  If I can no longer relate than it is not an effective relationship.  I can be salt and light (while continuing to be heavenly minded) without losing touch with the world.   Too much salt ruins the taste.  Just enough adds the right flavor to change a meal for the better.  

Prepare well for eternity.  That is what we are here for.  Also, get out in the world and relate sharing God's goodness and Truth.  We are all a work in progress.  

Warmly,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment