Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Day-to-Day

Being a Mom to three 4 and under requires so much of my day to be the ordinary chores of life - breakfast, diapers, nap, snack, pack bags, head out, tie shoes, bottles, sippy cups, lunch, clean up, clean up more, naps, snacks, prep for dinner, diapers, play, read, craft, clean up, eat, baths, diapers, story and prayer time, rocking two of my babies to sleep, clean kitchen, etc, etc...

As someone who loves constant change, the day-to-day can be hard for me sometimes. Even though I love to slow down and have no problem kicking back and relaxing, I have to remind myself of the joy in the small, normal details of life.  Summer is full of excitement in our home right now. We are currently in the middle of our VBS week at church. Vacation is coming up and July is full with church activities, pool, and camp. I am diligently trying to keep my children in God's word this summer. I don't want them to miss the greatest treasure in the midst of our all our fun.

Enjoy this quote from Oswald Chambers!  It helps keep the day-to-day in perspective.

“We are not made for the mountains, for sunrises, or for the other beautiful attractions in life - those are simply intended to be moments of inspiration. We are made for the valley and the ordinary things of life and that is where we have to prove our stamina and strength.” 
 Oswald Chambers

Go be a light this summer to a world that needs hope!
Leeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment