Monday, October 22, 2012

A Saturated Heart


“I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.”
Psalm 119:11

I subscribe monthly to a magazine that highlights believers around the world who are persecuted and martyred for their faith in Jesus. There are many Asian believers who are currently hiding and worshipping in underground caves just to gather with other believers for encouragement and fellowship. Nothing nourishes a soul like being with the Body of Christ. A lot of these believers have been caught and sent to prison. Some, by God’s grace, have been released, and have now given us details of their stay in prison. Many were beaten and tortured because of their love for Christ. However, so many said they were joyful and able to worship in prison because they had memorized Scripture, Psalms, and songs and could keep their focus on the prize.  Is Scripture hidden in your heart?  Are you spending time memorizing the very truths that have given you complete freedom? Let us follow the example of our Asian brothers and sisters and know God’s truths by studying the Word of God.

How can you incorporate Scripture memorization into your life?

Lord, thank you for the example of our imprisoned brothers and sisters who can still have joy in the midst of suffering. It is humbling to me to know that my trials are so small compared to so many others who have given their lives for You. Help me teach my child Scripture and make it a priority in training them in Your truth.  Amen.

Joyfully, 
Leeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment