Monday, March 24, 2014

Announcement and Burdens of Today

Dear Friends,

We are excited to announce that our blog will be moving over to Wordpress in a couple of weeks. We feel that Wordpress best meets our needs for hosting our blog and all the big dreams we have for the future! The Lord has been so very kind to Jill and me and when our writing adventures began several years ago we never thought we would see it come as far as it has. He has given us vision and goals for the years ahead and we are eager to obey and walk in faith. We will continue to post here and on our new blog for the next two weeks then we will turn off our blogspot blog. You can go ahead and check out our new spot at Wordpress. It will match the current content we post here as well.

http://prayingthroughlife.com

Grateful to walk through life with you all!
Leeanne and Jill

-----------
Burdens of Today


"Do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself.  Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."   Matthew 6:34

I am type A personality.  I joke and often say OCD, although that is nothing to joke about, but I definitely have tendencies.  My tasks and responsibilities often become my burdens.  Why is it on a Friday after teaching school I can go outside and play with my children in the driveway, play a board game and watch a movie with my husband feeling fine about it all?  Monday-Thursday after school I am a different person.  I am focused on chores, tasks and the responsibility of making sure it's all done.  

This winter we have had several snow days (as most people!).  As soon as the next day is called off, I am back to the me I get along with best (and the one everyone else gets along with best).  I have often looked around me so accusatory.  If she would just make her lunch, if he would finish his homework, if she would just take her shower and get ready for bed, if I could just finish folding this laundry, etc.....then I would be able to relax and get along with people better.  

The truth of the matter is, it's me- it's my issues that I am projecting on everyone else.  Yes, if they would just do their task (s) then I would be able to relax more.  But, like weekends and snow days, if I would just relax, things might get done with more peace for all.  Do you have anything that is more your issue than others, but you keep blaming the others for your issue?

God has started to work on this with me.  Taking the unnecessary, stressful emotions out of the day to day routine.  If I can do it on a snow day, weekends, and track outs than I can certainly do it otherwise.  In the meantime, I'll be working on making small changes and trying to not be anxious about getting ready for tomorrow.  

Warmly,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment