Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Triumphant Entry

This past Sunday we celebrated Palm Sunday. The irony of Palm Sunday and then Good Friday have always puzzled me. Ironic because one day we celebrate the arrival of the fulfillment of the Messiah and days later we murder Him. It is weighty to grasp the change of the human heart in just a matter of days but in reality my heart is just like that. 

One minute I can praise Him with hands raised and a spirit consumed with joy and then days later completely sin against His holy name. Sometimes it isn't' conscious. Sometimes it is purposeful. 

Our pastor said something on Sunday that has consumed my thoughts this week. He said one day we will stand before God and He will say, "Why did you live in rebellion against my Holy Name"? 

Wow. 

What will I say?  I told my husband that I don't think at that moment, being face to face with the Creator of the Universe, I will be able to formulate all the "good things" I have done.  Lord, "I served at church, I rocked babies in the nursery, I took meals to friends when they were sick, I love my husband and children well.... Lord, I did a lot of great things in your name".

No... I won't be saying that. I don't think I'll even be able to hold my head up and view His holiness. I think I will be bowed on my face before Him and say, "Lord, I'm a sinner covered with the blood of Jesus. That is all I bring you is the blood of Christ". 

I believe that is what will happen. And because of the perfect work of Christ on the cross, I can confidently say that God will look at me and say, "well done".

He will not look at my heart, my sins, my good deeds. He will overlook all of that because I am washed in the blood of Jesus.

That is why I smile this week. It is a weighty week for those who love Jesus. But it is a beautiful story of an unrelenting Savior after His people. 

Washed in the blood.. Cross.. Redeemed... Forgiven... Christ...  Risen... 

That is Easter. Do you know Jesus?  

"Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved" (Acts 16:31)

With Great Hope in Him,
Leeanne


As they approached Jerusalem and came to Bethphage on the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two disciples, saying to them, “Go to the village ahead of you, and at once you will find a donkey tied there, with her colt by her. Untie them and bring them to me. If anyone says anything to you, say that the Lord needs them, and he will send them right away.”
This took place to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet:
“Say to Daughter Zion,
‘See, your king comes to you,
gentle and riding on a donkey,
and on a colt, the foal of a donkey.’”
The disciples went and did as Jesus had instructed them. They brought the donkey and the colt and placed their cloaks on them for Jesus to sit on. A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road. The crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed shouted,
“Hosanna to the Son of David!”
“Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!”
“Hosanna in the highest heaven!”
When Jesus entered Jerusalem, the whole city was stirred and asked, “Who is this?”
The crowds answered, “This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee.”

No comments:

Post a Comment