Thursday, November 15, 2012

Passionate Pursuit


“Whatever happens, conduct yourself in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ.”
  Philippians 1:27a

What are you passionate about?  A few months ago, I heard a song by Matthew West titled, “The Motions”. The message in the song really challenged me. In it, West talks about going through the motions of life. He goes on to sing, “I don’t wanna go through the motions, I don’t wanna go one more day without Your all consuming passion inside of me.”  Are you living that way for Christ? How will our children view what we are pursuing? My daily prayer is that I would exemplify Christ’s love and character throughout the day.  Some days are better than others, but my goal is that through my example my family and others would see the Living Christ.  Paul also said it another way in the first part of 2 Corinthians 5:20. He stated, “We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us.”

Are you passionate about the pursuit of Christ in your life?

Lord, forgive me when I make much of my small circumstances and neglect to remember Christ and the sacrifice He made for my salvation. Let me be a parent who models Christ's love and I pray my child will grow up with one consuming passion: worshipping You and spreading Your fame to those who are lost.  Amen.

Leeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment