Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving. We wish you great JOY and THANKSGIVING in who He is this holiday!

With Love,
Jill and Leeanne
----------------------------
Life is tough, but God is so faithful

Do you ever have days where you feel like nothing is going right?  Some days or weeks just seem unbearable.  Without Christ as your source of strength it is.   Recently I went back to work full-time as a school teacher.  This was after eight years off with my children and we are currently still adjusting.  A while back my husband went away on a week-long business trip.   The first couple days I was making it fine.  By the third and fourth day it was tough.  And by the end of the week, it seemed unbearable.  Although, I was excited for my husband to come home, it was hard to show any excitement when he walked in the door.  I was burnt out from teaching, extra-curricular activities, preparing meals and lunches for the next day, walking the dogs, getting the kids ready in the morning and putting kids to bed at night.  You could have stuck a fork in me. 
 
Several things came from this “tough” week for me.  Each day I spent less time with the Lord.  By the end of the week He got totally squeezed out.  Instead of girding myself up more with Him and His Word so I could handle the extra load, I pretended that everything else was more important at the time by choosing other things over Him.  Prioritizing and planning for a quality quiet time is so important.  Secondly, because my spiritual guard was down and I began to let Satan whisper lies that I was not a good mom, a good housekeeper and the list went on.  Yes, the week was hard.  But God is faithful to see us through even the tough times.  He is our source of strength, but only if we choose to access His strength.  I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength! (Phil. 4:13)
Next time, I will plan to sure-up so that He is my strength within and can sustain me through even difficult circumstances. 

Warmly, Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment