Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Your Inner Circle, Part Two


Psalm 139:13-16 “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.  When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.  All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.”

There was a time in my life where I did not know or believe God’s love for me.  I was drowning in my own emotions, felt like a misfit in this world and was filled with self-loathe.  My self-talk was abusive towards myself.  Any accomplishment was never good enough or self-criticized.  I was struggling with bulimia and although was too skinny, I considered myself too fat.  I disrespected myself in every way.  What I didn’t understand at that time, is my self-abuse was also being disrespectful to my Creator.  My depression was all about me and nothing about God.

If this resonates with you at all, you too can overcome the feelings of worthlessness and despair.  One of the first steps is to gain a godly perspective.  Reread the verses above.   God created you in your mother’s womb, He thought of you before the beginning of time.  There is no accident in that.  God has purpose and knows the plans for your life (Jeremiah 29:11).  Every part of your mind, body, gifts and talents He thought of especially for you, whether you agree or disagree with His design. 

Spend time with your Creator.  Learn about His love for you.  Meditate on His Word, memorize it.  Pray with Him—have short and long conversations opening up to Him in your inner circle.  Over time, and with time and discipline, your mind will be transformed through the power of His Word.  He will heal your destructive self-talk and replace it with healthy, God breathed affirmations.  Invite the Holy Spirit to work miracles in your heart. 

Warmly,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment