Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Great Things He Has Done!

"Good morning!  As Fall is rolling in to September I have found my early mornings to be a precious time. We have a screened in back porch and I drink my coffee and study God's word as I hear the birds chirping and life beginning for the day. It is like an early morning refuge for me. I have a place I drive through the country that I call my "decompress" place. It is peaceful, relaxing, and allows me to be quiet and listen.

So many days all I hear is noise. Good noises - my children playing, music, friends chatting, my husband singing (he has a great voice but doesn't like it to be known), the birds, the school bus, the neighborhood kids playing hockey in the street.

Then, there are the noises that drown out everything. The constant battle in our mind of the truth of God's word verses Satan's lies. I have talked to several people this week alone that feel Satan is attacking them. He knows just what will get us in a downhill spiral too. Last week I had a tough week. This week I feel refreshed. What is the difference? I fought back last week with God's truth in His word.

One verse that comforted me last week was Exodus 20:6:

But I lavish unfailing love for a thousand generations for those who love and obey my commands (NLT)

This verse brought me such peace. God is doing great things right now and I felt Satan attack every single one of them last week. What I realized is that God desires to lavish us and will keep pouring His love out to a thousand generations.  He is a covenant God.

Exciting things are happening at "Praying Through Life".  Jill and I wrote a devotional book three years ago called "Praying Through Pregnancy". The Lord has opened up doors for us and we are happy to say it is in the pre-production phase of publishing. Our goal is to have it ready before Christmas. We can barely wait to show you the cover!  Our incredible designer Michele is working on some final touches. She is amazing!


Also, I have an article being published tomorrow at http://www.incourage.me/. (In)courage is a website for women and is connected to DaySpring. God led me out of a trial a few years ago and I'm happy to share it with you. I pray He uses it.

To God be the Glory!  Great things He has done and will do for thousands of generations,
Leeanne


No comments:

Post a Comment