Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Friendship and New Blog!


Dear Friends,
Today is the last day we will post on this blog. Our new blog: http://prayingthroughlife.com
is up and running! We are excited for our new journey and grateful for you who read. It truly is our great joy to write. Please hop over to our new spot and join us as we continue to share what we feel God lays on our heart. 

Thanks for walking through the journey with us!
With Gratitude,
Jill and Leeanne


------------------------

1 Samuel 18:1-3 As soon as he had finished speaking to Saul, the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul. And Saul took him that day and would not let him return to his father’s house. Then Jonathan made a covenant with David, because he loved him as his own soul.

Today is going to be another glorious Carolina day!  I love to get up early and spend time reading and now that Spring is here I love hearing the birds first thing in the morning. The past few weeks I have been thinking about friendship. One of the great things about Facebook is that I have had the joy to reconnect with some old friends. I had 4 roommates my freshman and sophomore year in college - one true roommate and two suite mates. We formed a close bond and were like sisters. All our birthdays were 7 days apart. We were inseparable. Then life begins to unfold our stories and we go in different directions. We have connected again through the marriages, pains of divorce, children, careers, states that separate, and then, initially, uncertain of whether the bond was still intact.
Gratefully, the bond is there and I would say after 23 years, it is stronger. This summer we are having a "reunion" at our friends home in Florida. I cannot wait to hug them all and share the stories of lives together since we walked across that stage.

Then, over Easter, I got to see two sweet friends I literally grew up at my parent's church. These are girls I went to kindergarten with. We embraced and chatted and I ended both conversations with them with an "I love you". Real bonds are there. Even after 25 years. When you have truly walked through life with people - the good and bad - there is a bond. It cannot be removed by human hands. I left church Sunday happy for many reasons. But, it brought back so many amazing memories of people who truly have shaped my life. David and Jonathan in scripture had a bond that could not be broken. It was such a deep affection for each other that only could be given by God himself.
Monday, I was working out at the Y and a friend I don't see often, but have recently reconnected with, came over and we were chatting. We got into a deep conversation about a few things going on in our lives and her words and attentiveness to me blessed me so much. I felt the Lord personally sent her over to talk to me and give me the words I need for that day.

So many different scenarios of friendship- college friendships, friends from birth, a friend walking over giving an encouraging word- all equally extravagant.

I am also in awe of how God brings people into your life that are new friends but exactly what you need for "such a time as this". Whether 30 year friendships or 3 month friendships, they are special. They are beautiful. Sometimes, they get messy. Sometimes they disappoint. Sometimes expectations get out of sorts. Sometimes they must end. But, today, I stand in great awe and wonder of those friends in my life that pour into me. That know me and want to be a part of my life. I am grateful for those friends that check in on me, pray for me, care for me, and don't judge me. They spur me on and build me up and make me laugh. Those are the friendships I cherish today. And in all of them, a thread of grace is woven deeply into the roots of our lives. We all need grace. We all need friends.
---------------------
Today we are linking up at: http://holleygerth.com/coffee-for-your-heart-love/
Go check out the site! It is beautiful and encouraging! 
With JOY,
Leeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment