Tuesday, April 15, 2014

God's Action or Inaction

This devotional resonated with me today. There are so many things I am praying and waiting on an answer for. The Lord is faithful whether He is silent or speaking. As I was writing in my journal this month, my prayers started with "Dear Lord, please allow this, this, and this, to happen. Please grant us favor with this or this or this"...  After weeks of pouring it out and feeling frustrated I realized my heart needed to change. This week I wrote, "Lord, grant us any and every request if it is for our good. If your plans are different then they are better and we receive them with joy".  This week, my heart has been light and joyful. Not because the answers have come but I know He is faithful to provide exactly what we need.

With joy,
Leeanne


Praying and Waiting
===================
Habakkuk 2:1

Additional Scripture Readings: Psalm 130:5–7; Lamentations 3:24–26

There are so many ways in which God’s actions or inactions make little sense
to us. We ask him for help, and he is silent. We trust in him to provide, and
he withholds. But is God inconsistent, or is he simply running according to
another time schedule, another set of priorities?

Habakkuk questions God’s plan to use the pagan nation of Babylon to discipline
wayward Israel. He then settles in to wait for God’s answer: “I will stand at
my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will
say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint” (Habakkuk 2:1).
Like a guard who waits through his watch with eyes peeled for a sign of
movement, Habakkuk waited for God.

So must we. We must pray with a willingness to wait and wait with a
willingness to pray. Waiting and praying go together. Like two shoes of a pair
or two halves of a whole, they work as a team. 


NIV Devotions for Moms
Bible Gateway

No comments:

Post a Comment