Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Family and the Bride of Christ

"What's on your mind", my husband asked me the other day.
"Couple Mr. and Mrs. X think we are crazy. I'm sure of it", I said back to him.
"We are crazy. Our daughter wears the same dress everyday,our son just called the kids in his Sunday School class monkey butts, and our sweet baby has turned into a possessed demon".
"Yeah. I guess your right. Are we loud people"?  I asked.
"I think we qualify. Don't forget you come from the decesdants of Vikings so you definitely get loud when you are mad".
"Your Polish".
"What does my love of kielbasa and pieroges have to do with the fact that our family is crazy"?

-----------------

That my friends is my life right now. I was struggling last week with what "Couple Mr. and Mrs. X" thought of our family. Why?  Because there life seems nice and neat and us Burda's are not that. I like to think of our life as peaceful chaos. 3 children under 5 is wild enough but throw in a deaf dog and we are now on the crazy train. In 2012 I did not sleep. I got use to it. I adapted and told myself often this too shall pass. Now we finally get the baby on a good schedule and my son decides to start having nightmares. My daughter will only wear one dress and my son things every conversation should be sprinkled with potty talk.



My point? This is the family the Lord has given me. It is a wonderful, fun ride with a great extended family, amazing friends, and beautiful church. Just like my family, the Bride of Christ is not perfect but it is beautiful. It is a place to ask, seek, share, question, fall apart, build up, lean, hold up, disagree, agree, and hopefully it is all wrapped in the jewels of grace, love, and charity.

I love my church. I love Christ's church. But most of all I love what Christ is accomplishing through her. He uses all the broken people and gives us the honor to be His ambassador's (2 Corinthians 5:20).

Christ will use us if we let Him. A friend told me the other day to embrace it. So, in the same sense I embrace Christ's bride as well. Flaws and all. He loves her just like I love my family- crazy and all!

Rest in 1 Chronicles 29:11:
 Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, indeed everything that is in the heavens and the earth; Yours is the dominion, O Lord, and You exalt Yourself as head over all.

Clothed in Grace,
Leeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment